Terms and Conditions
BOOKING CONDITIONS AND GENERAL BOOKING INFORMATION
Tour Pakistan Ltd is an incorporated company in Gibraltar and accepts Clients reservations under the following terms and conditions.
1. Your booking will be confirmed to you on receipt of your deposit of 25% (or as per exceptions below or in the payment Detail Sheet) of the price of the tour and a signed booking form. You will be invoiced for the remainder of the cost, which is payable no later than 10 weeks prior to departure. If bookings are made at 10 weeks prior to departure, or within 10 weeks of departure, payment in full is required on confirmation of the booking. Should we be unable to confirm your booking your deposit will be returned in full.
If your balance is not paid at the specified time we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
If you cancel your booking before the final payment is due, your deposit will not be refunded.
2. If a client fails to join a trip, joins after the trip departure, or leaves before the specified arrival date, no refund will be made.
3.No refund will be made in respect to any part of the trip.
4. Should you cancel your booking after you have paid for the holiday in full and less than 10 weeks and before departure, the following charges are applicable (calculated on the day written notification is received by us and expressed as a percentage of the total tour price):
70 days or more deposit retained
56 – 69 days before departure 30%
42 - 55 days before departure 40%
29 - 41 days before departure 75%
01 - 28 days before departure 100%
5. In the unlikely event of Tour Pakistan Ltd, cancelling a trip before departure, all trip costs paid will be refunded in full. This will be the full extent of Tour Pakistan Ltd liability. However, if our cancellation is due to ‘force majeure’ any reasonable expenses we have incurred will be deducted from your refund. (War, civil or political unrest is usually known as force majeure). All refunds and compensation are strictly limited to monies paid to us and we are not liable for any expenses you have incurred as a result of this booking. Your holiday will not be cancelled after the final payment is due unless we are forced to do so by ‘force majeure’.
6. We reserve the right to alter prices quoted in the event of external factors beyond our control, e.g. changes in exchange rate or government action etc. Should any price increase exceed 10% of the total cost you are free to cancel your booking and will obtain a full refund of all monies paid to us. However, no additional charge will be made less than 30 clear days before the date of commencement of your tour, except in the case of bookings made during that period where additional charges may be made up to and including the date on which the invoice is issued. Every effort will be made to avoid any increases to the prices shown.
7. The tour Guide or local ground operator who represents Tour Pakistan Ltd has overriding authority on our holidays. By signing our booking form you agree to do this. If you commit any illegal act on a tour with us or if in the opinion of the tour leader or ground operator your behaviour is detrimental to the safety and welfare of the group as a whole you may be asked to leave the tour without any right to refund.
8. The client undertakes to comply with the laws and regulations, whether in respect of health, immigration, currency exchange control or any other matter of the countries visited during the trip.
9. The client undertakes to obtain a valid passport and visa and have enough blank pages in the passport for the trip. Many countries require passports to be valid for at least six months after entry.
10. We reserve the right to deviate from the advertised route if in our reasonable opinion such deviation is necessary for the safety or well being of any or any one of the members of the tour or for the satisfactory progress of the tour. In the unlikely event of it becoming necessary to fly over a country or countries in order to satisfactorily and safely continue the tour, all costs of client’s flights will be borne by the client.
11. We accept no responsibility for matters arising out of political disputes, border closures, epidemics, natural disasters, climate, armed robbery, terrorism etc. Should it become necessary to abandon a tour because of such an event we will be entitled to retain such monies received as is necessary to cover costs incurred. Any excess will be refunded.
12. The client accepts that all tours involve an element of personal risk and are of a potentially hazardous and unpredictable nature. In some countries the basic infrastructure, such as roads, is poor and therefore less safe than that familiar to people from many western counties. In particular, lack of road markings or warning signs, unmarked speed bumps, seasonal flooding of roads and bridges, local vehicles which are poorly maintained and driven and which are hazardous to other road users etc. are factors beyond our control.
13. The client accepts that local emergency facilities are usually of a limited nature. Hospitals outside of large cities often have little or no accident and emergency facilities and emergency transport facilities can be non-existent.
14. In some countries, local vehicle accident insurance includes either limited passenger liability or none at all. We have passenger liability insurance for all countries that we visit, but the client acknowledges that in some countries the tour vehicle does not have the benefit of total passenger liability insurance. The client agrees to indemnify us and our suppliers against any claim or demand made in respect of any accident, personal injury or loss of life caused to, contracted or suffered by the client during the course of the tour.
15 We reserve the right to make alterations to a tour without notice including alterations to the itinerary.
16. In the event of any person leaving the trip of their own accord or in extenuating circumstances being asked to leave by the senior tour Guide, that person will be liable for their own maintenance and expenses and have no claim against us whatsoever.
17. The decision of the tour Guide will be final on all matters relating to the satisfactory progress, organization and well being of the tour. Clients must comply with all reasonable requests of the tour Guide. If, in the opinion of the tour Guides or directors, the health or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safe, comfortable or happy progress of a tour, the client may be excluded from all or part of the trip without refund or recompense. In the case of ill-health Tour Pakistan Ltd , may make such arrangements as it sees fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act the client may be excluded from the trip and we shall cease to have responsibility to/for them. No refund will be given for any unused services.
18. We reserve the right to decline any booking at its discretion.
19. No servant, agent or authorized representative has authority to commit us to any liability whatsoever and Tour Pakistan Ltd will not be bound by any statement or representation unless it is in writing and signed by one of the directors.
20. Clients should purchase travel insurance no later than at the time the balance is due in order to cover themselves for their own cancellation or curtailment of their travel plans. It is the client’s responsibility to arrange suitable adventure insurance with benefits that include cover for any hazardous activities they intend to pursue, as well as personal accident, medical expenses, repatriation, loss and damage to personal effects and above all cover the evacuation of yourself from remote regions, should the need arise. Therefore, we recommend that you purchase an appropriate insurance package offered by an approved insurance broker. The policy must include minimum cover of £500,000 for emergency medical and repatriation expenses. A copy of the client’s travel insurance must be shown to the tour Guide. Details must also be forwarded to the Tour Pakistan Ltd head office. In the event that a client does not have suitable travel insurance they will not be allowed to join the trip.
21. Clients accept that any personal possessions such as valuables, cameras or any money that is carried on any of our vehicles or any other form of transport, or that is left in accommodation provided by Tour Pakistan Ltd, or its suppliers during a tour are carried at the clients’ own risk. Tour Pakistan Ltd and or its agents does not accept responsibility for clients personal possessions or valuables that are lost, damaged or stolen during the course of a tour.
22. Clients must reimburse us for any expenses incurred by us on behalf of the client. In particular, this applies to non-compliance with Booking Conditions
23. Any complaints with regard to the holiday must be immediately brought to the attention of the tour Guide, ground operators or hotelier so that the necessary action to rectify the matter can be taken. If this fails contact us in Gibraltar and we will deal promptly with your complaint. However, if by the end of the tour you still feel you have a valid complaint you must notify the company, in writing, within 14 days of the end of your tour with Tour Pakistan Ltd, so they can be effectively dealt with. If we are unable to reach an agreement with you, the issue can be taken to a Court of Arbitration.
24. These are tours in developing countries where lower standards of infrastructure and efficiency often prevail and we can only accept your booking on the understanding that you are aware of the risks involved in this kind of travel. The company cannot be held responsible, unless as a direct result of negligence, of any mishap to you or your property. Route and hotel changes may be necessary and will always be at the discretion of the tour Guide. They do not constitute an alteration of your holiday and will not be compensated.
25. The contents of this sales offer, have been carefully compiled and to our best belief at the time of publication, facts given are correct and describe fully and honestly the holidays offered. Any changes will be notified to you as soon as possible.
26. The responsibility of any airlines used is limited to the carriage of passengers and baggage in accordance with the conditions of their carriage.
27. The booking conditions may only be waived by a director of the company and in writing. These conditions are subject to and shall be construed according to English law.
28. On signing the booking form you show your willingness to accept our terms and conditions. On accepting your booking we agree to carry out our obligations to you as defined in our brochure.
29. Under no circumstances can Tour Pakistan Ltd, any of our ground operators or Guides be held responsible for any wildlife mentioned in our itineraries.
30. If you require alterations to bookings confirmed by us and accepted by you a fee of £30.00 per person, plus any increased charges may be levied. This charge will also apply to bookings received less than 30 days prior to departure. To amend or cancel your flight booking, it will cost £55.00 per passenger in addition to any charges levied by the airline (sometimes up to 100% of the original fare paid). If tickets are lost an administration fee of £55 will be incurred to reissue them in addition to any charges by the airline and re delivery costs.
31. In accordance with the EU Directive covering Package Holidays we have set up a Trustee account. All payments made to Tour Pakistan Ltd, are placed into that account and remain in trust until the contract has been fully performed or any sum of money paid by the consumer in respect of the contract has been repaid to him or has been forfeited on cancellation by the consumer.
32. The above ensures that in the event of our failure, your money will be protected: if you are on tour at the time, arrangements will be made for you to complete your tour and return home. The return flights we provide are supplied by British Airways and are protected by their bond and terms and conditions.
33. The payments you make to us for your flight are held by us, booked by and confirmed by us. As soon as the flight is booked, we will notify you of the Airline Booking computer number.
In the event that you and other members of your party, wish to ‘up-grade’ their airline seat from Tourist grade, Tour Pakistan Ltd must be notified before the final payment/s are submitted, so that arrangements can be made to confirm the up-grade and the payment thereof.
Our philosophy is based on sustainability - the long term assurance that whatever activity we conduct in any specific natural area, must contribute to the conservation and the well being of the inhabitants of that area, thus ensuring that future generations will be able to visit those same areas and enjoy the same experience.
Please remember the fitter and more prepared you are, the more enjoyment you will get out of your tour.
Our leaders are British born experienced Guides in the tour country. They will accompany the tour at all times from the arrival airport to the departure airport. They have all lived in the country for at least 10 years. They will be assisted by knowledgeable local staff who can also speak the local language and are well experienced in tours’ of this nature.
Every effort is made to avoid delays and changes to the tour, but due to the nature of our tours there may be occasions when they do not go ‘to plan.’ Where a delay does occur, we shall do everything possible to minimize its effects, but we cannot be responsible for the result of delays. On tours we strongly advise against flying out on the day the tour ends. Tour Pakistan Ltd will not be responsible for any missed flights on this day.
Due to the special nature of our tours, we cannot guarantee the departure of every tour. We will try very hard to ensure that each tour runs. Should we have to cancel a particular tour for any reasons we will let you know at least 2 months prior to departure. We will then offer you an alternative departure, or refund all payments made to us.
For those who want to travel and enjoy the countries we go to, it is very important to set your expectations on the right level for the country you are visiting - leaving Western expectations behind.
Some areas in which we operate are very remote. Consequently the lifestyles on these tours are necessarily very different from that of an ordinary holiday. If you are not prepared or willing to accept this, you should not travel on these tours.
The cost is always part of the stated price, whether in hotels or local Guesthouses. Hotels used in larger towns are at least tourist class and chosen for their most convenient location and facilities. Twin rooms with private bathrooms are normally provided unless special requests have been made. Hotels in smaller places are the best available.
We recommend you have a medical and dental check-up before you depart and check with your nearest local travel clinic.
Special dietary requirements must be relayed to Tour Pakistan Ltd at least 10 weeks prior to booking so the necessary arrangements are made.
Some countries (e.g. Pakistan) are predominately Muslim and therefore may be different to some customs in the West. This is to be respected and is part of the cultural experience of the country visited. Under no circumstances may any of the tour clients engage in any activity that is offensive to local customs.
Detailed itineraries are available on our website or we can send you one on special request. On our tours’ local weather, politics, transport or a host of other factors can sometimes mean a change in itinerary. It is very unlikely that an itinerary would be substantially altered, but should this become necessary your Guide will decide the best alternative, in consultation with you.
Additional payments for single supplements will only have to be made if you specifically require a single room or if you are travelling alone and we are unable to pair you with another single. Prices of single supplements are available on request.